Question: What is a Krewe?
Answer: Krewe (pronounced crew) is an organization that charges yearly dues for someone to become a member and participate in their Mardi Gras festivities.
Question: What is the Krewe of Cork
Answer: “We celebrate Wine! Food! Fun!” says King Patrick van Hoorebeek, speaking of the Krewe of Cork. Founded in 2000, the Krewe of Cork has grown into a world-famous Mardi Gras and wine industry phenomenon. Krewe members gather on selected Fridays, usually the first Friday of each month, at restaurants throughout the area for T.G.I.C.D (Thank Goodness It’s Cork Day).
The Krewe’s the main event of the year is the Mardi Gras season parade day festivities. Throughout the year, we invite members to wine luncheons and other special occasions such as wine tastings.
Please see the About Us link on our website for more information –
Question: What is the age limit to be a member?
Answer: Membership: minimum age is 21 years old due to the adult activities surrounding the celebration of wine.
Question: What comes with my membership?
Answer: Sparkling Membership ($450) includes:
- An official Krewe Pin
- A custom made Krewe of Cork Goblet
- A dozen krewe of Cork Logo Beads
- A Meet and Greet party the day before the parade
- The Parade:
All of the festivities on parade day, which starts with a Bloody Mary Street Party
- A seated champagne luncheon at the Court of Two sisters
- A parade through the French Quarter ending at the Royal Sonesta Grand Ballroom
- The King and Queen’s Party with live music provided by the Bag of Donuts Band
- Question: Are guests permitted at Parade week activities?
- Answer: No guests are allowed to the Meet and Greet; the Bloody Mary Block Party, the champagne luncheon at the Court of Two sisters or the Parade.
- Question: Who can attend the King & Queen Party after the Parade
- Answer: All Sparkling Members can attend as part of their membership.
- Members may purchase Guest tickets $100.00
Question: When is the parade?
Answer: February 10, 2023 (Please see the Calendar on our website)
Question: Does the Krewe of Cork provide hotels?
Answer: No, but we do arrange for a block of rooms at the Royal Sonesta Hotel for those who make reservations early.
Question: Does everyone have to be in costume to participate in the Parade?
Answer: Yes. Everyone must be in costume to be able to participate in the Parade Day activities. Members will receive an armband and goblet at check in so they can receive wine from the Wine Police during the parade and so that they can enter the ball room at the Royal Sonesta for the post parade King & Queen Party.
Question: How long is the parade route and how long does it last?
Answer: The parade route is a little more than one (1) miles through the heart of the French Quarter. The parade begins at 3 p.m. in front of The Court of the Two Sisters and ends shortly after 5 p.m. at the Royal Sonesta Hotel Conti Street entrance.